[Samba] Samba 3.0 a BDC to a Samba 2.2.7 PDC ?

jmorin at dominiondiagnostics.com jmorin at dominiondiagnostics.com
Tue Sep 28 22:03:11 GMT 2004

I currently have Samba 2.2.7 running as a PDC.

I was wondering if I can implement Samba 3.0 on another server and have it
act as a BDC to the original (samba 2.2.7) PDC.

I this possible?
Has anyone else done this?

According to 'The Official Samba-3 Howto and Ref guide'
"Samba-3 is capable of acting as a Backup Domain Controller (BDC) to
another Samba Primary Domain Controller (PDC) "
Since my original samba server is acting as an NT Domain controller, I'm
guessing this will work, but I am wondering about the replication
capabilities of Samba 2.2.7

Any ideas?

Joseph Morin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, is for the sole use of the individual to whom it is addressed. This message is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy this message and its attachments.