[Samba] Roaming Profiles:Samba PDC:WinXP:User must be local admin

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 15:09:33 GMT 2004

Okay, thanks for the tip.  I'll try this later today, when I get a chance.

If I understand properly,

I should add
profile acls = yes
to smb.conf so that the profiles section looks like:
[Profiles]
	path = /home/samba/profiles
	browseable = No
	writeable = yes
	profile acls = yes

Then for security on the XP machines, disable "bypass traverse
checking" on each client.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/528.mspx

Am I missing anything?

Zach