Réf. : Re: Re: [Samba] Authenticateing DC's on an ldap backend... nobody knows how?

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Tue Sep 28 14:04:46 GMT 2004

I know, but I want to say that samba manage machine group same as a other
group, not for Domain Users and Domain Admin group.
You can create a group for machine account but, I think that actually is
not very important for samba domain.

I can be mistaken.

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

                      Adam Tauno
                      Williams                 Pour :   stephane.purnelle at corman.be
                      <adam at morrison-i         cc :     samba at lists.samba.org
                      nd.com>                  Objet :  Re: Re: [Samba] Authenticateing DC's on an ldap backend... nobody knows how?

                      28/09/2004 15:56

> Could explain more your problem ?
> On samba there are machine account for windows NT4, 2000, XP but no
> separation between workstation and server and DC.

?  A machine account is machine account,  only WINS cares about the
difference.

> And also, there are no specific group for machine which are managed by
> samba.

This is an entirely site specific setup thing.  If you want all your
machine
accounts created with a given gidNumber you can certainly do that.