[Samba] Cannot enable "Enable advanced printing features"

sandeep.sundaram at wipro.com sandeep.sundaram at wipro.com
Tue Sep 28 11:48:17 GMT 2004

Hi,

As far as my understanding goes, the EMF is more of a data type support for printing. In Samba's case, this will never hold good, since it is always defaulted to the RAW data type.

The "Enable Advanced printing features" is more to do with the attributes. The Spool sub system on windows uses certain printer related structures, whose values are reflected in the printer properties UI. The "attributes" is one such value, which actually holds the value for the "Enable Advanced printing features".

I am not sure whether Samba is defaulting this to some value. Will have to get into the code for that.

But what ever I have noticed with Windows specific printer drivers are that the attributes typically take a value of 0x00000xxx when the "Enable Advanced printing features" is selected. But when this is not checked, the value is 0x00001xxx.

I guess you can enable the debug level (set to 10) and specifically search for the "attributes" in the log and see the value. If this is the case, we can maybe think on lines of changing that particular entry in the tdb file.

Regards,
Sandy