[Samba] Cannot enable "Enable advanced printing features"

Pierre Dinh-van pierre at tuxfamily.org
Tue Sep 28 09:22:20 GMT 2004

Le mardi 28 Septembre 2004 11:15, Kent B. Hansen a écrit :
> Hi all.

Hi

> I'm trying to use Samba to replace an old Windows print server, and
> everything works just like a charm - almost...
>
> There's one thing, which prevents my organization from accepting this new
> printerserver, and that is that I'm unable to activate and save the "Enable
> advanced printing features" setting for the printers - this is used to
> allow for printing multiple pages onto one page etc. Samba doesn't give any
> errors, the settings is just cleared the next time I open the
> preferences...

I have the same problem with a Xerox DocuColor 1632. When the driver is
downloaded by the client from the print$ share, I can't activate the finition
module of the printer.
If I install the printer driver locally "by hand", it works...
I'm still looking for a solution...

> I'm using cups for the backend, and all printers are configured as raw
> queues. The click'n'print feature are working nicely, and I can change and
> save all other settings beside this crusual "advanced features" setting (so
> it doesn't seem like a persission problem).

Same configuration...

I hope someone can help us :-)

Pierre Dinh-van

--
--- Racisme ---
Le casse-tête de Toubon :  comment pondre une loi anti-raciste qui