[Samba] Need to connect using AD creds with and without NIS equiv

Hugh Caley Hugh_Caley at affymetrix.com
Mon Sep 27 22:42:13 GMT 2004

I'm setting up a Samba 3 server, and I'd like to use ADS to authenticate
users that have AD accounts but only some of which have NIS accounts,
and in addition some of the NIS usernames are different in case from the
AD account names.

So, for instance, I have one user who is AD only, and another who has
both AD and NIS accounts, and the AD username doesn't match the NIS
username in case, so he has a line in smbusers:

hcaley = HCaley

Is there a way I can allow both the AD-only user to connect, and the
AD/NIS user to connect and use his unix UID/GID?

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley | Unix Systems Administrator | CIS
AFFYMETRIX, INC. | 6550 Vallejo St. Ste 100 | Emeryville, CA 94608
Tel: 510-428-8537 | Hugh_Caley at affymetrix.com