[Samba] Using samba with my router

David.Grudek at anixter.com David.Grudek at anixter.com
Mon Sep 27 17:30:54 GMT 2004

I have router that has a feature called web remote access.  What happens
is there is a web version of network neighborhood and if you see your
computer you  click on it and it prompts for username and password.  It
seems like it goes threw but once you click on one of the shares the it
says invalid user and errors out.  While there 20 winxp machines that are
working fine, so I know it is not the router.  I have tried fedora,
debian, and trustix all using different packages and none work.  It used
to work with samba 3.0.4.  It no longer works since though.  Any help
would be good.