[Samba] error compiling samba 3.0.7 with ldap support

Bruce Marriner bmarriner at appss.com
Mon Sep 27 17:28:29 GMT 2004

 I am attempting to compile samba 3.0.7 with openldap using the
following configure command.

./configure --prefix=/opt/samba-3.0.7/ --enable-developer
--enable-krb5developer --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos/
--with-pam=/opt/openpam-20040210/ --with-ldap=/opt/openldap-2.2.17/

 I get the following responce.

checking lber.h presence... no
checking for lber.h... no
configure: WARNING: ldap.h is needed for LDAP support
checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... auto
configure: WARNING: Active Directory Support requires LDAP support

  So I have toyed around with my ldap file and put it in quite a few
locations - which does little to help.  Does anyone know
where exactly configure is looking for this file at and rather or now I
can tell it where the file is.  I have been looking
at the configure script a bit but I am apparently not so good at reading
it because I can't answer my seemingly simple question.