[Samba] PDC for XP: empty desktop and desktop.ini showing up

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Mon Sep 27 13:49:09 GMT 2004

Hi, Florian
that sounds miracle to me cause this works at my setup very well
suse 9 samba 3.07 ldap pdc
where have you implemented
hide files = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/ ?
you have to it in the profiles share , if you have a extra one
or in the home section , if you configured samba to hold the profile in
the home share for beeing compatible with win 98,
be sure that your profile is realy loaded from samba , and not
a caching one from the client machine.
I recommend to setup a new test user , let win xp create
the brand new profile, make your setups, log out log in
so normally you will see the problem solved
Regards