[Samba] smbfs mounts cause hangs in kde/gnome

rich rich at shinyblue.net
Mon Sep 27 12:14:21 GMT 2004

Dear JohnT and anyone else.

Thanks for your msg. I left the list, and searched and searched. There doesn't
seem to be a smbfs list (there's one on sourceforge...with a single ancient
message in).

Can anyone give any pointers? I wouldn't ask but I'm really stuck, and you are
most likely to know.

was it the error messages posted earlier which made you say it was a smbfs
problem?

Related, I understand that cifsfs (catchy name!) extends smbfs, but I've no
idea whether smbmount etc. uses it, or whether it makes a difference from the
user's point of view.

TIA

rich