[Samba] Unable to view samba shares from winxp home client

David Rivera riv at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 15:21:48 GMT 2004

I  am not able to view the shares on my samba server, although the samba
server does appear with a 'net view' command. When I attempt to 'net
view sambaserver' I get a network path not found message. Interestingly
if I boot the same samba server in windows xp (it's dual boot) I can
view can view the shares on the same machine that I cannot view the
samba shares from. I've run Etherreal on both machines and can see the
traffic on ports 137-140, so I don't think its a firewall issue. Has
anyone else run ito this problem?