[Samba] Unable to view samba shares on Windows XP Home Client

David Rivera riv at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 15:07:58 GMT 2004

I am not able to view shares on the Samba server, although I can 'see'
the server with the 'net view' command. Entering 'net view sambaserver'
results in network path not found. Interestingly, when I boot the same
server into Windows XP (it's dual boot), I can view the server and it's
shares from the Windows XP home client that cannot view the shares on
the samba server. I've run Ethereal on both machines and can view the
SMB traffic, so it doesn't appear to be a firewall issue. Has anyone
else run into this problem?