[Samba] Samba + Share Quota's

Ilia Chipitsine ilia at paramon.ru
Sat Sep 25 13:18:29 GMT 2004

> Hi Everybody,
>
> As far as I can see nobody answered my question.
>
> Is there anobody who has an idea how to solve this problem? Or do I need to
> send my question to a different samba mailinglist and not to
> samba at lists.samba.org?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Bart Hendrix
> NLcom

no.

smbcquotas does support quota management for "root" NTFS shares,
for instance, if you have w2k server and both C: and C:\Some_folder are
shared, You can manage quotas on "C:", but You cannot manage quotas with
smbcquotas on "C:\Some_folder", just because quota doesn't apply
per-share, on most filesystems (UFS, NTFS, EXT3) quota is "per
filesystem".

split your drive onto several filesystems and there's no other way to get
quota support "per share"