[Samba] Arrggg Samba is not behaving

Jeroen Verstegen jeroen at jota.nl
Sat Sep 25 07:10:00 GMT 2004

I have exactly the same problem. And tried more or less the same solutions
I tried passing the shared folders through nfs on anonther samba server to
the windows clients also.

I reckon it is a faulty hard disk problem, but the fsck reports nothing. I
tried reiser and e3, but the problem persists.
Indeed, it does not happen on a regular basis, only about once every
three/four days and than sometimes 3 times a day.
So maybe it is a time-out problem?
How could I fix that?

I have two servers one Samba PDC and one NFS fileserver. PDC gets files from
NFSserver through imported nfs
Windows machines get to the files on NFSserv through Samba on PDC
Would it be better to install samba on NFS server as well, as a BDC? Maybe
it would take the load of samba server?

If someone knows a solution I'd very much like to hear it as well,

thanks

jeroen
jeroen at jota.nl