[Samba] No startup scripts run at all

sfjoe at spamcop.net sfjoe at spamcop.net
Fri Sep 24 22:58:31 GMT 2004

Quoting Denis Vlasenko <vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua>:

> As to original question, timekeeping problem can be nicely solved
> by either native Windows Simple NTP (I deployed one on the job),
> or by NTP. Last I checked their code was supporting dozens of platforms,
> including Win. Which is a pity, code got rather ugly...

I believe I didn't clearly explain my problem and the solutions have drifted
away from what I was looking for. I used a time setting script as an example,
however, no scripts are executed at startup. Even a simple script like:

pause

Setting the time would be nice but that's not my goal. Finding out why no
scripts are executed is my goal. Here is my original post:

I have a simple script that sets the time on a Windows client at
startup.
The one-line script:
net time \\myhost /set /yes
Works perfectly well when I double-click it from Windows Explorer, so I
don't think the problem lies there.

The relevant lines in my smb.conf file:

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
local master = yes
domain master = yes
domain logons = yes
preferred master = yes
time server = yes
logon script = smbtimeset.BAT

[netlogon]
   comment = shared scripts
   path = /usr/share/samba/scripts
   public = no
   writable = no
   browseable = no

I've set the log level to '3' and there aren't any messages at all
relating to running a startup script.

Any ideas?