[Samba] Write permission for only server machine.

prakash k prakash_cgeditor at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 13:44:27 GMT 2004

Good day every one.

    I have a network with samba 3.0.7 running on a
server. Every hour, the server downloads antivirus
updates and pushes them to all the clients on the
network.
   My objective is to give write permission for  the
antivirus share only to this  server machine. Other
machines should have only read permission. My samba
configuration file is as follows:

    [global]
        workgroup = pranan
        netbios name = SANTOSH
        security = SHARE

    [test]

        path = /antivirus
        guest ok = yes
        browseable = yes
        hosts allow = x.y.z.      //subnet IP address
        write list =  x.y.z.w     //Server IP address

	But my problem is every client machine is
       asked for authentication with this
configuration and the server needs to maintain login
id and password   	of each machine, which I dont want
to maintain.

Is there any way of solving my problem? if yes
	Please help me.

 Thanks in advance.

  Reagards
  Prakash.