[Samba] Re: print command=... not longer working after update

Georg Lutz glist at gmx.net
Fri Sep 24 12:10:11 GMT 2004

> I'd love to document this. What section of the Samba-HOWTO-Collection should
> it go into? Are you offering some patches or proposed text? I gladly receive
> updates offered.

I think it should at least be documented in the smb.conf - manpage:

---
It also affects the  default  values for  the  print command, lpq
command, lppause command , lpresume command, and lprm command if
specified in the [global]  section.
---

could be changed to:

---
It also sets the default values for the following parameters: print
command, lpq command, lppause command , lpresume command, and lprm
command. For any changes to these parameters to take effect, they have
do be specified after "printing = ...".
---

Whats the intention of "if specified in the [global] section." ? AFAIK
parameters are also changed when specified in a share section.

--
  Georg