[Samba] Automating Windows Update

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Fri Sep 24 09:01:15 GMT 2004

hi there are many ways to do a windows update,
using a win workstation with a special designed install pack of sus
server which can be free downloaded at ms and setting policies to use it
is one way which works very well and is free of costs.
Other possibilies is seen is a dos script from the german magazin ct
which does it quite well, and simular i ve seen as perl script.
But having a susserver is quite the best way,
samba is a file server , windows update is more like a webserver funktion,
its thinkable to store updates on samba , but you need to have the
checking mechanism , which update should be done, so the best way is to
use the win implemented service features.
fo more info look
http://www.susserver.com/
Regards