[Samba] Trouble connecting to Samba shares from other Linux boxes

mrgrimm at radioactivecatfish.com mrgrimm at radioactivecatfish.com
Thu Sep 23 18:21:19 GMT 2004

ahoy,

    i have been having the same problem after the auto update of samba
to 3.0.7-2.FC2.  same problem with linux fc2 samba server and fc2
clients. winxp clients no problems.  i can add the following info to the
problem:

1. when samba server starts, there are 2 smbd -D processes and one nmbd
-D process.  even when restart samba server service, same thing.
2. when freeze occurs, following 2 processes show up:

root      3103  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        SW   13:35   0:00 [smbiod]
mrgrimm   3137  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        Z    13:38   0:00 [netstat]
<defunct>

unfortunately i havent found a workaround yet.

thanks, wayne