[Samba] solaris 8 and ls -l problems

James Mauser jmauser at fau.edu
Thu Sep 23 15:45:40 GMT 2004

Hey All,

 We recently upgraded to samba 3.0.7 running on solaris 8. We have the box
joined to as a member server in a Windows 2000 AD and we have pam
authentication working to log in to the box with,

The idmap backend is set to a ldap server that is also joined the the AD.
The UIDS between the boxes are fine as you can do a getent passwd
domain\\username  (we have the default \ for the winbind separator)  and it
will return the same uid on the solaris and linux box so that is working,

The problem is when doing the command ls -l  on a file owned by
domain\username  you get no response  (just sits for hours and hours never
returning the listing), if you do the ls command without the -l it works
fine.

When you do truss ls -l on the same file it returns a few lines that show
its looking like its reading the usernames like the following (please note I
cut out the usernames)

read(3, " L K O S K I N E , F A U".., 10484)    = 10484

alarm(0)                                        = 0

sigaction(SIGALRM, 0xFFBEC898, 0xFFBEC948)      = 0

sigfillset(0xFF3428C8)                          = 0

sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, 0xFFBEC938, 0xFFBEC928)  = 0

alarm(1)                                        = 0

    Received signal #14, SIGALRM, in sigsuspend() [caught]

sigsuspend(0xFFBEC918)                          Err#4 EINTR

setcontext(0xFFBEC600)

alarm(0)                                        = 0

sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, 0xFFBEC938, 0x00000000) = 0

sigaction(SIGALRM, 0xFFBEC898, 0x00000000)      = 0

Then it keeps repeating  the following:

alarm(2)                                        = 0

sigsuspend(0xFFBEC918)          (sleeping...)

    Received signal #14, SIGALRM, in sigsuspend() [caught]

sigsuspend(0xFFBEC918)                          Err#4 EINTR

setcontext(0xFFBEC600)

All information I can find is there is something wrong with the
libnss_winbind.so

However, I am totally stuck as to what's happening.. any help or advice
would surely be appreciated  anymore logs or trace information that is
needed please ask.

Thanks

James Mauser

College of Engineering