[Samba] IdealX Webmin

Jarrod Johnston jjohnston at pdxinc.com
Thu Sep 23 15:06:13 GMT 2004

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but thought it would be a
place to start.  I'm using Samba 3.0.7 on Suse 9.1 with iPlanet Directory
Server 5.2 for a backend.

I've had to do some major modifications to get the WebMin interface for the
Idealx scripts working (not to mention the modifications to the Idealx
scripts), but it is now complete except in how it updates the

sambaLMPassword and sambaNTPassword.  What's strange was it called mkntpwd.
So I modified it to use the ntlmgen calls, but for some reason it still acts
the same way.  What happens is after getting the userPassword, it sets the
sambaLMPassword correctly, but the sambaNTPassword is incorrect!?

Anyone ever had to deal with this or fixed it or have suggestions on someone
else to ask?

TIA,

Jarrod Johnston

IT - Network Administrator