[Samba] Winbindd on FreeBSD 4.10 Help

Luke Mewburn lukem-samba at mewburn.net
Thu Sep 23 01:55:17 GMT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 03:30:35PM -0400, Elijah Savage wrote:
  | Yes I did edit the nsswitch.conf just as you have it which looks just
  | like the way it does in the book.

FreeBSD 4.10 doesn't appear to have nsswitch support, at least on
the version I have installed under VMware.

FreeBSD 5.x should have nsswitch support.  The original import of
nsswitch into FreeBSD 5.x (from NetBSD) didn't have support for
dynamic nsswitch modules, so you couldn't use winbind.

I understand that FreeBSD 5.3 has dynamic nsswitch support, but as
I've been unable to install 5.3 under VMware I cannot confirm this.

Cheers,
Luke.