[Samba] mount.cifs doesn't do japanese?

David Wuertele dave-gnus at bfnet.com
Wed Sep 22 17:10:44 GMT 2004

Bjoern> there has been a false assumption that a UTF-8 presentation of
Bjoern> a filename never longer than the UTF-16 presentation of the
Bjoern> same name. That's fatal for Japanese filenames. This should be
Bjoern> fixed in the cifs version which will come with kernel 2.6.9.

Is there a fix in patch form?  I would like to back-port it to my
2.4.18 system.  I absolutely do not have the option of changing my
kernel :-(

Speaking of which, is the 2.4 code being maintained anywhere?  The
last revision seems to be from February.

Dave