[Samba] Samba 3.0.7, print banner pages

Robert M. Martel bob at urban.csuohio.edu
Wed Sep 22 15:41:18 GMT 2004

Greetings,

I recently upgraded my print server from Samba 2.2.8a to 3.0.7 and all
is working well except banner pages for the print jobs.  I am getting
them now an I don't want them.

This is under Sun Solaris 9 using the stock LP spooler.  In my smb.conf
I have had set (for years now) print commands of like the following:

   print command = lp -dnodis2  -c -o nobanner -s %s; rm %s

The print jobs are coming out okay on the correct printers, and the
created spool file is getting deleted from /var/spool/samba as it
should, but the "-o nobanner" option is being ignored.

 From the command line the lp command and option to suppress banner
pages works fine  - it is only under Samba 3.0.7 that this problem has
cropped up.

Anyone else seen this and have a solution?

Thanks!
Bob Martel
Bob Martel,System Administrator  I met someone who looks a lot like you
Levin College of Urban Affairs   She does the things you do
Cleveland State University       But she is an IBM
(216) 687-2214
bob at urban.csuohio.edu                                -Jeff Lynne