[Samba] Re: 3.0.7/LDAP/referrals...

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Wed Sep 22 15:16:34 GMT 2004

William Jojo wrote:
> [2004/09/22 08:55:39, 1] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_modify_entry(1422)
>   ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to modify user dn=
> uid=CRK7$,ou=People,dc=hvcc,dc=edu with: No such attribute
>         modify/delete: sambaPwdCanChange: no such attribute

Could also be a problem with samba.schema on the master server - for
example if definition of sambaSamAccount does not have sambaPwdCanChange
attribute there.

> On a separate note, I've noticed that Samba doesn't seem to be using
> alternate suffix values to override "ldap suffix" when knowledge of
> machine, user, group or idmap may be known as indicated in
> smb.conf(5)...I'm sure I'm missing something...

The documentation is missleading. "ldap user suffix" and such are
acctually prepended to the "ldap suffix" value. It would be nice of
course to recongnize ',' as a last symbol to indicate that "ldap suffix"
should be concatenated to the value, but to change it now - it will
break config files of many.

Igor