[Samba] Re: failed tcon_X with NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

egold at fsa.com egold at fsa.com
Wed Sep 22 14:34:19 GMT 2004

It turned out that 2 of my 4 windows AD servers have anonymous access
disabled. The other 2 have it enabled.
So i am temporarily using only the 2 AD servers which allow anonymous
access.

My windows admins want to change all the windows AD servers to disable
anonymous access.

so my question is:

how can i get samba to use windows AD with anonymous access disabled?
why does samba need anonymous access?

im running solaris 8 and samba 3.0.7.

thanks!

             John H Terpstra
             <jht at samba.org>
             samba-bounces+ego         samba at lists.samba.org
             ld=fsa.com at lists.                                          cc
             samba.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Samba] Re: failed tcon_X with
             09/21/2004 03:30          NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
             PM

             Please respond to
               jht at samba.org

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 13:20, Igor Belyi wrote:
> egold at fsa.com wrote:
> > can someone please tell me why im getting this error, i can join my
other
> > AD servers just this one fails.

> > [2004/09/20 17:58:31, 3] libsmb/cliconnect.c:cli_start_connection(1376)
> >   Connecting to host=WIN2KSERVER
> > [2004/09/20 17:58:31, 3] lib/util_sock.c:open_socket_out(752)
> >   Connecting to 192.168.0.10 at port 445
> > [2004/09/20 17:58:31, 1] libsmb/cliconnect.c:cli_full_connection(1476)
> >   failed tcon_X with NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> > [2004/09/20 17:58:31, 1] utils/net.c:connect_to_ipc_anonymous(191)
> >   Cannot connect to server (anonymously).  Error was
> > NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
>
> Could be a firewall blocking access to port 445

It could also mean that on this WIN2KSERVER anonymous access has been
disabled
via a registry (security) setting. That is a likely cause.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member