[Samba] How can I give write permission to only one machine ?

prakash k prakash_cgeditor at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 11:50:41 GMT 2004

Good day every one

    I have samba server  3.0.7-2.FC1 installed in a
machine with IP address x.y.z.w ( let me call this
machine as _A_), and configured smb.conf as follows

[global]
        workgroup = pranan
        netbios name = SANTOSH
        security = SHARE

[test]

        path = /test
        guest ok = yes
        browseable = yes
        hosts allow = x.y.z.
        write list =  x.y.z.w

  My requirement is only machine _A_ should have write
permission to the folder test and every  other
machines should have only read permission. This
configuration is not working as intended and every
machine with IP address x.y.z. has write permission.
Is there any missing or fault in configuration ?
and I dont want to maintain password and login id for
every machine. It should be in share mode.
  Please help me.

  Thanks in advance.

  Regards
  Prakash