[Samba] Re: samba w/ ldap - groups scalability and performance

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Wed Sep 22 03:35:12 GMT 2004

I have a suggestion.  I think you can partition off the groups by
putting them in sub OU's of your groups OU.

Alternatively you could use some Balanceing Domain Controllers with
disconnected authentication. This entails setting up Balanceing Domain
Controllers, each with a local LDAP slave server. Makeking everything
local (replicated from the main LDAP server) for each of your BDC's
should improve performance as you can then have several machines
answering requests for groups without them haveing to constantly query
the main LDAP server.

> I am having problems with samba and ldap as concerns groups.  We have
> perhaps only those groups where the user is a member?

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|