[Samba] Re: Corrupted userid in mail folders - Crisis

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Tue Sep 21 19:06:02 GMT 2004

John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 September 2004 11:38, Igor Belyi wrote:
>>Just for clarification, do you happen to have "idmap backend" parameter
>>in your smb.conf?
>
> You only need that if you are running LDAP and have multiple servers and want
> the same SID/uid mapping on all servers. In that case there should be no
> winbindd_idmap.tdb file.

There's also a possibility that it isn't used and file could have been
left there when winbindd was reconfigured from using local file to using
LDAP. I haven't seen smb.conf in this thread and somehow everyone stated
to assume that mappings are stored locally. I just want to make sure
that this assumption is correct.

Igor