[Samba] Filename problem (filenames containing slashes aka. \and /)

Mark C. Casey markcc at jadepress.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 16:17:07 GMT 2004

If I can add more to that...

It needs to be accessible from both OS 9.x, 10.x and possibly (maybe) from Windows.

So, for me Samba seems like the best option since all three can access Samba.

Netatalk seems to have the most elegant solution of file naming but that isn't accessible from Windows unless I have both Netatalk and Samba running on the same machine sharing the same directory. (which I currently do)

I guess you need to see my other post to understand.

The whole "test / sedrs \ sfg" and "test :2f sedrs \ sfg" thing.

Mark