[Samba] smbmount hanging

Paul Farrow samba at farrowcomputing.com
Tue Sep 21 14:19:55 GMT 2004

Reposted due to no response ...

Please please can someone shed some light on this one.

I have mounted some windows 2003 shares onto the my linux box, Supermicro
dual xeon running fedora core 2 samba 3.0.6 using smbmount and quite often
the shares will die or just hang when there is a lot of activity on them.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this happening?

The errors that I get in smbmount.log is the following...

tdb_lock failed on list 112 ltype=1 (bad file descriptor)

Looking on google only a few people have got this but no conclusive
resolution.

I wondered if it meant that the file was in use exclusively from the windows
machine !!!

Cheers

Paul