[Samba] Network Drives Dropping Out

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Tue Sep 21 08:13:44 GMT 2004

Hi,
yes, we have seen this before.
It seems not to be a samba issue, as one of our customers has had this
symptoms in an winnt-only domain and they still persist after an upgrade
of the DC to win2k.
We have searched the complete network for problems, but couldn't find
anything. running out of CAL's isn't the problem, and all the switches
have been replaced.
I even have the red-crosses some times in my two-computer-home-network,
but every time i double click the crossed-out share i can access it
without problems.
It's not reproducible, nor does anything show up in the logs of samba.
Not much help, i know.
But you are not the only one facing this effect.
Christoph