[Samba] winbind users get lost sometimes

Nicola Mersi n.mersi at comune.signa.fi.it
Tue Sep 21 07:49:56 GMT 2004

I use samba and winbind under linux in a NT4 domain.
I've set pam to use winbind for authentication. Every NT domain user has
his home (/home/winnt/j.smith) and can login the machine.
It is going all ok but sometimes, I can't understand why, some users are
not recognized. If I try getent passwd I see theme but if I try to login
(or su) the user I receive the message that the user does not exist.
The problem appears randomly for 1 or 2 users of 100.
Is there a way to force a sync of the users, and why I see the user with
getent but I can't login that user?

Here is the global section of my smb.conf

[global]

    workgroup = DOMINIO_NT
    netbios name = GOLIA
    server string = Samba Server %v