[Samba] Etiquette question

Alex Satrapa alex.satrapa at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 21 03:59:13 GMT 2004

Apologies for the late reply.

On 3 Sep 2004, at 06:38, Jim C. wrote:

> What exactly is top posting?  I thought that was when someone responds
> to the very first message instead of the latest one.

I left this for others to answer, but noone referred to the
authoritative source ;)

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html [1]

Note that both the previous responses to your question have violated
etiquette by quoting the entirety of your original message, rather than
quoting only the portions which are being answered. In that way, they
provided excellent examples of top-posting and its evils, assuming you
already knew the definition.

Regards
Alex Satrapa

[1] CAUTION!  The jargon file is addictive reading, partly because it's
so informative and partly because it's so funny.