[Samba] Re: Cannot find KDC for requested realm

Aaron Bostick abostick at zixcorp.com
Mon Sep 20 21:33:31 GMT 2004

Just to let someone know, I resolved this problem by compiling kerberos as a
shared library.  I initially compiled kerberos as static libraries only
because I use Openpkg (www.openpkg.org).  Samba compiles fine this way but
at runtime, it apparently is not picking up the kerberos stuff it needed.

Anyone know how to compile samba using static library dependencies?  For
instance, I have the same problem with openldap.  It only works if its
compiled as a shared library but I would like to make it a static library
only.

Thanks,
Aaron