[Samba] Solaris9 and winbind

Wong, G. MR EECS Gaylen.Wong at usma.edu
Mon Sep 20 19:27:36 GMT 2004

I'm trying to use samba(winbind) to have Active Directory users login to
a Solaris9 host.  I'm using samba-3.0.7.

So far I have sucessfully built samba and gotten wbinfo to work.  The
problem arises when I try to execute "getent passwd"
or "getent group".  All I get are the local entires.  (I have already
made the correct modifications to the nsswitch.conf
File.)  According to the How-to documentation there is a problem with
Solaris9 and the winbind nss module.  I've installed
the recommended patch(112960 - at least version 14) but still no
success.  Is there something I'm missing?