[Samba] Re: Samba Authentication

Ed Waldmire ed at simplifiedcomputers.com
Mon Sep 20 15:52:07 GMT 2004

Hello,

I just setup my machine to login to a Win2000 Domain.  When I then go to
browse network shares using Konqueror, I am still being asked for the
username and password (which I used to login!).  I am assuming this is
an error in my smb.conf file (which is below).

Thanks in advance!

-Ed Waldmire
ed at simplifiedcomputers.com

# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full
commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SuSE
# Date: 2004-04-06
[global]
   workgroup = MYDOMAIN
   interfaces = 127.0.0.1 eth0
   bind interfaces only = true
   printing = cups
   printcap name = cups
   printer admin = @ntadmin, root, administrator
   map to guest = Bad User
   security = domain
   encrypt passwords = yes
   idmap gid = 10000-20000

# separate domain and username with '+' like DOMAIN+username
   winbind separator = +
# use uids from 10000 to 20000 for domain users
   idmap uid = 10000-20000
# use gids from 10000 to 20000 for domain groups
   winbind gid = 10000-20000
# allow enumeration of winbind users and groups
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
# give winbind users a real shell (only needed if they have telnet
access)
   template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U
   template shell = /bin/bash
#[homes]
#   comment = Home Directories
#   valid users = %S
#   browseable = No
#   read only = No
#[users]
#   comment = All users
#   path = /home
#   writeable = Yes
#   inherit permissions = Yes
#   veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
[groups]
   comment = All groups
   path = /home/groups
   writeable = Yes
   inherit permissions = Yes
[pdf]
   comment = PDF creator
   path = /var/tmp
   printable = Yes
   print command = /usr/bin/smbprngenpdf -J '%J' -c %c -s %s -u '%u' -z
%z
   create mask = 0600
[printers]
   comment = All Printers