[Samba] winbind can´t see local users on linux

Renato Botelho rbgarga at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 13:55:04 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I´ve installed samba 3.0.7 on slackware 10 linux, configure samba,
start, join to a NT 4.0 Domain, changed nsswitch.conf, started samba,
all works fine..

wbinfo -u returns the DOMAIN users, -g the groups

My problem is, if I run swat, when I click on any icon, winbind.log
register this:

[2004/09/20 10:47:01, 1]
nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(1059)  user 'root' does
not exist

This is strange, because, samba runs fine, but log this error message.

If I run getent passwd, it shows all users, local and DOMAIN

Does anybody have any idea how can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance..
--
Renato Botelho
ICQ: 54596223