[Samba] Re: Just a quick suggestion for backup solution, plea se???

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Sep 20 13:29:07 GMT 2004

The latest version of NovaNET (http://www.novastor.com/) claims in the
release notes to support ACLs.  I haven't put this to the test yet, though.
(I use default ACLs extensively so unless I was restoring a whole tree,
files tended to get the right ACLs automagically even under the old
version.)

I've been reasonably happy with NovaNET, except for some database corruption
issues that seem to have been fixed in the latest version.  It's a good
solution if you need to back up Windows or NetWare systems as well as Linux.
It's not free, however, so if all you need to do is back up Linux there may
be a cheaper solution.