[Samba] Cannot join SAMBA domain from XP/2K

deff deff at zoznam.sk
Sun Sep 19 20:50:34 GMT 2004

On Saturday 18 September 2004 21:31, Alexei Monastyrnyi wrote:
> And what was the result of that struggle?
> Didi you make it work?

Yes, I did. In some other thread someone mentioned that it is mandatory to put
all users and machines accounts to ou=People due to some weird samba design
decision. However, it isn't mentioned in any howto, neither official nor
idealx's, and samba doesn't complain about it in any way either. Too
bad...for me.