[Samba] 3.0.7: PANIC: deferred_open_entries_identical: logic error

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Sep 18 13:38:19 GMT 2004

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 09:23:41AM -0400, Matt Phillips wrote:
> After upgrading to 3.0.7 we've had 4 panics, all within seconds of each other.
> Unfortunately I'm not sure what users were doing at that time.  I didn't
> notice this until reviewing the logs later.  From the time, I would guess this
> happened as people were logging in.

Yeah, the backtraces will be identical as it's smbd catching
an internal logic error. Any chance of working out what might
reproduce this and getting a debug level 10 ? As it happened
in login it's unlikely to be shared file access causing it so
it shouldn't be dependent upon simultaneous access,
can you try running one person at debug 10 and seeing if
you can reproduce it with a full log ?

Jeremy.