[Samba] Samba mount with Kerberos of 2000/2003 share

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sat Sep 18 12:44:53 GMT 2004

I have compiled samba 3.0.6 with MIT 1.3.1 Kerberos and I can successfully use
smbclient with Kerberos against a 2000/2003 Windows share. When I try the same
with smbmount I get the warning:
"Warning: kerberos support will only work for samba servers".

I am wondering why smbmount doesn't work against 2000/2003 fileshares with
Kerberos, although smbclient works fine and smbmount against another samba share
works also well with Kerberos.

Could someone explain the reason,problem with this ?

Thank you
Markus