[Samba] Archive attribute problem

Pierre Dinh-van pierre at tuxfamily.org
Fri Sep 17 19:41:48 GMT 2004

Le vendredi 17 Septembre 2004 22:40, Carlo Piga a écrit :
> Hello,

Hello

> I 've just spent some trouble in tryng to  fix archive attribute.
> At thi time a samba user different from the owner of a file can't set or
> unset the archive attribute from a Windows Client.
> Anyone know how to fix it?

I observed that the archive flag is translated by the execution perm on unix.
If you activate the ACL, it may be a conflict between rights and this flag.

I didn't found (but I didn't search to much...) how to use this flag with ACL,
and I'm still looking for a solution :-)

> Please help me, It's a long time that the backup  is unavailable and a
> hardware failure of the HD is coming....I'm sure...

good luck

Pierre Dinh-van

--
--- Malfaisant ---
Sébastien, tu dis que le FN et le MRAP c'est la même chose. Alors