[Samba] msaccess db corruption

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Sep 17 18:15:53 GMT 2004

>>        veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.ldb/*.mdw/*.dbf/*.dat/*.fpt
>

> Is it a good idea to not allow the .ldb files? I was under the
> assumption that you pretty much need a .ldb file to keep an access db
> sane when multiple people are using it.

Ok, after further review I realized I'm a moron :-P  The veto oplock
file and setting the oplocks = no file are contradictory.  According to
the smb.conf man page re: veto oplock files:

This parameter is only valid when the /oplocks/
<http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#OPLOCKS> parameter
is turned on for a share.

Sorry, not actually giving any useful tips, but correcting my own bad post.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.