[Samba] Re: Access from Windows to Samba/LINUX

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Thu Sep 16 22:40:10 GMT 2004

Albert HERVO wrote:
> 	But the "hidden"-flag you say, is for Files, not for folders.
>
> 	I have tried this (in my example) :  The sub-folder "test2" is always
> visible under Windows
>
> 	[test2]
>          path = /myshare/test2
>          guest only = Yes
>          guest ok = Yes
>          public = Yes
>          writable = Yes
>          create mask = 0775
>          browseable = No
>  	   map hidden = Yes

        map hidden (S)
               This controls whether DOS style hidden files should be
mapped to the UNIX world execute bit.

Do you have 'world executable' bit set on /myshare/test2? You can add it
with the following command: chmod o+x /myshare/test2

>  - If It's not possible like this, I would have something like this :
>
> 	[myshare]			: NOT Browseable  (unvisible) BUT Writable
>
> 	At the moment it doesn't work better.
>
>  - About "browseable" or "browsable" : It seems to be both correct ?

What do you expect from "browseable = No"? Share with this flag will not
be shown when server receives a request for ALL shares. You will need to
specify the exact share name to access it.

So, what exactly do you mean by "it doesn't work"?

Igor