[Samba] Re: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE on auth to a win NT4-server

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Thu Sep 16 20:08:39 GMT 2004

Wolfgang Wagner wrote:
> I followed exact the steps described in the book: "samba-3 by example" up to chapter 5.

For those who unfamiliar with the book smb.conf will be very helpful.

> What kind of trouble indicates this errormessage after trying this:
>
> 	server:# smbclient //domain/SHARE -U user -d 2
>       Password:
>
> 	session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

It can indicate incorrect password. It can be other issues as well, but
there's no enough information about your case.

> In my client-logfile apperars always the same message:
>
> [2004/09/15 04:08:30, 0] auth/auth_util.c:make_server_info_info3(1122)
>   make_server_info_info3: pdb_init_sam failed!

This means that there is a problem with the user account. What problem
exactly depends on what "passdb backend" you use and the way you
initialize users there.

Igor