[Samba] Samba and Windows XP

Jason jason at emt-jason.us
Thu Sep 16 06:23:10 GMT 2004

I am trying to setup a samba server on Redhat Fedora 2 and trying to connect to it through Windows XP Professional.

This samba server is a standalone server.  I can see it in the Network Places.  Every time I try to connect to it I get the following error in Windows.

"\\Samba is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.  The network path was not found."

Here is my smb.conf file that I created using SWAT.  Can anyone help me?

Thank You

Jason

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.1.2 (192.168.1.2)
# Date: 2004/09/15 23:22:05

# Global parameters
[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	dns proxy = No
	ldap ssl = no
	idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
	idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
	hosts allow = 192.168.1., 192.168.2., 127.

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	path = /home
	read only = No