[Samba] Restart Samba to pickup added CUPS printers?

Joshua Penix jpenix at binarytribe.com
Wed Sep 15 21:56:11 GMT 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 1:49 PM, Michael Lueck wrote:

> Is telling Samba to restart the only method to have it detect new CUPS
> printers. I have Samba configured to share what ever CUPS printers it
> finds set up in CUPS. A bit annoying to kick everyone out of Samba to
> add a printer.

No, you can send the HUP signal to the running smbd processes to have
them see new printers without disconnecting the clients.  This also
causes a re-read of smb.conf and a few other things.

killall -sHUP smbd

--
Joshua Penix                                http://www.binarytribe.com
Binary Tribe           Linux Integration Services & Network Consulting