[Samba] Print Corruption - Vendor Driver, CUPS in RAW mode

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Sep 15 20:48:06 GMT 2004

Have other expirenced "bad drivers" which corrupt the output when brinting via Samba / CUPS in RAW mode? I have a HP LJ4000 and some little label printer working fine on a network. Today a Gestetner
3222 was added (also goes by some Richo PN#) with their current PCL6 and PCL5e driver. The printer does not have its PS card installed, so I can't use that. Multiple pages are printed for a single
test page, could of odd chars on the leading page. The Win2K test print page - logo is fine, but the text is just random jumbled letters, and then a couple of additional pages.

Oh, talking to the card in this new printer via the socket 9100 mode, same as the other two HP JetDirect cards.

Thus, since the other two printers are fine, I suspect the driver is sending bad data over, and not that the RAW spool mode is added something to the data stream.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems