[Samba] Weird Problem after Upgrade 3.0.7

Peter Huetmannsberger huetmann at site38.ping.at
Wed Sep 15 18:27:21 GMT 2004

Hi!

Well ,the upgrade to 3.0.7 on my Fedora Core 1 Box did not change the
problem I described a few days ago.

Samba 3.0.2 works fine with the NT4 Box I use to connect to with winbind.
All the users are found and the permissions on my samba shares I offer the
NT4 Box are the way I want them to be (well almost, says the windows
admin).

However after the upgrade it looks ok. BUT:

getent passwd gets me:

CENTRUM+Dummy:*:2011:2000:Dummy-User:/home/CENTRUM/Dummy:/bin/false

However if I want to change ownership on a file, as in:

[root at linux sambatest]# chown CENTRUM+gillian testfile
chown: `CENTRUM+gillian': invalid user

similarily with setfacl

[root at linux sambatest]# setfacl -m u:CENTRUM+Dummy:rw- testfile
setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

After a downgrade to 3.0.2 on my FC1 box everything is fine again.

Any idea what could be wrong? It's the same phenomenon as with Samba 3.0.6

Many thanks in advance,

.peter